We at Artist Demo Days are proud to announce the launch of our website on August 2nd at 9 am Tune in for our collaborative art work with more…read more
Finca el Cerrillo with Ali Hargreaves
27th March 2021 - 3rd April 2021
Come along on a painting holiday at the beautifully restored, 200-year-old farmhouse, in the foothills of the Sierra Almijara in Spain.
This is a one-week course, with tuition in sketching and painting. Working both En Plein air (working outdoors) and in the studio. You will be encouraged to experiment with new techniques and try new ways of working. We will be working in watercolour mainly, but exploring mixed media too.
The aim is to develop and improve your personal skills.
Finca itself is a beautiful place to paint, but the nearby countryside is also wonderful. As well as painting “en plain air”, we will be working in a light and airy studio, with plenty of space available and will be for our use throughout our stay.
There is an optional, mid-week day opportunity (at extra cost) to visit one of the following: the Alhambra Palace in Granada/ Botanical gardens, Malaga / Picasso museum, Malaga / day at the coast etc.
The price for the course tuition is £300 ( or £100 for non – painting partners) paid to Ali at the time of deposit. The cost for the Finca package is 775 Euros for a person sharing a twin/double room (or 940 Euros for Single occupancy) paid to Finca once the booking is full and confirmed.
- Tuition – 5 days (Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri) Ali will teach a morning session from 10 a.m. till lunch at around 1.30 p.m. She will also be available for consultation in the studio between 5 and 6 p.m.
- An introductory session will be held on the arrival day (if flight times permits)
- Full board accommodation in spacious rooms with twin or double beds
- Evening meals are taken either at the Finca el Cerrillo or (on some nights) guests will be taken by taxi to eat at other local restaurants, providing an interesting variety during your stay.
- Transfers between Malaga airport and Finca el Cerrillo (providing you arrive/depart in time for scheduled transfers, otherwise by arrangement at extra cost)
A deposit of £150 per person (plus Ali’s fee to herself) is payable on booking, but this will be refunded up to 56 days before the holiday, should there be insufficient numbers to run the course.
Not included in package cost:
- Flights to/from Malaga airport
- Drinks during your stay (an honesty bar is operated by the Finca)
- Optional day trip to Malaga.
- Lunch on the day of the Malaga trip
Finca el Cerrillo offers high standards of comfort in a relaxed informal atmosphere surrounded by olive groves and vineyards and with lovely views in every direction. A walking centre for some groups, there are interesting trails straight from the door. There is a pool set in mature gardens and bird-watching trips can also be arranged.
For further details, please contact Ali by Email firstname.lastname@example.org or by text 07890425544
Reserve your place now!
Use the button below to reserve your place on this course! I will then get back to you to confirm whether your place has been approved.
Please note: Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee your place on the course. Students already on the course get priority of place and then those on the waiting list.